- Peabody Conservatory of Music, Baltimore, MD
Master of Music (Performance), 1998
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
Bachelor of Music (Performance), 1989
- Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, 1997-present (substitute)
- Baltimore Pops Orchestra, 1997, (principal)
- Knoxville Symphony Orchestra, 1994-1996
- Savannah Symphony Orchestra, 1990-1994
- Charleston Symphony Orchestra, 1992-1993
- Tallahassee Symphony Orchestra, 1987-1989
- Savannah Symphony Orchestra
- Knoxville Symphony Orchestra
- Florida State University Wind Orchestra
- Sound of America Concert Band, European Tour
- Wynton Marsalis Jazz Orchestra
- Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra
- King Oliver Tribute Band, directed by Jon Faddis
- Stan Wilkerson Quartet
- Concert at the Mansion of the Vice-President of the United States
- Performed with Ray Charles, Benny Carter, Doc Cheetham, Lionel Hampton, James Moody, Johnny Mathis, Joe Williams, Lou Rawls, Bobby Short, Natalie Cole, and many others.
- Ragtime (National Theatre, Washington, D.C.)
- Chicago (National Theatre)
- Showboat (National Touring Company)
- Peter Pan (Broadway Cast starring Cathy Rigby)
- Dream Girls (Broadway Cast)
Lectures, Clinics, and Workshops
- Peabody Preparatory
Applied Trombone, 1998-present
Duties: Teaching trombone, coaching chamber ensembles, and performing with faculty brass quintet.
- Peabody Conservatory of Music
Jazz Studies Faculty, 1996-1998
Duties: Teaching fundamental elements of improvisation including jazz theory and harmony; coaching ensembles; private instruction.
- Mount Royal Symphonic Orchestra and Band Program, Baltimore, MD
Coordinator, Winds and Brass Department, 1997-present
Duties: Teaching trombone; in charge of all band operations; program administrator.
- Crossroads Academy, Chatham County Public Schools, Savannah, GA
Summer School Music Teacher, 1995
Duties: Teaching general music course.
- Private Studio
Teaching trombone / low brass since 1989.
Recordings and Publications
- Savannah Symphony Orchestra
Guest lecturer, African-American Heritage Concert and Lecture Series.
- Georgia Southern University
Guest lecturer for music appreciation class.
- Interdenominational Theological Center (Atlanta, GA)
Artist-In-Residence; gave lectures, recitals, and master classes.
- Armstrong Atlantic State University
Artist/Clinician for college/high-school music camp. Conducted workshops and low brass master classes.
- Savannah State University
Lecture/demonstration on classical and jazz trombone styles.
- Beach Institute of African-American Culture
Gave lecture on African Americans in classical music.
- First Bryant Baptist Church (Savannah, GA)
Gave lecture on the music of the African-American church.
- Conducted workshops and clinics for various schools in Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Maryland.
Honors and Activities
- Marsalis on Music
Principal trombone for PBS television series and compact disc produced by Sony Classical Music and Films. Companion book published by W. W. Norton & Company, New York.
- Latter Rain
Recording of original compositions; produced, arranged, and played all instruments.
- Peabody Conservatory Fellowship
- MTNA Wurlitzer Solo Competition National Finalist
- "Stan Wilkerson Day" proclaimed by mayor of Savannah, GA
- Florida State University Scholarship
- James Olin, Principal Trombone, Baltimore Symphony
- Dr. John Drew, Professor, Florida State University
- Dr. Milton Stevens, Principal Trombone, National Symphony
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, Professional Music Fraternity
- Metropolitan Washington, D.C. Federation of Musicians, Local 161-710, AFM
- Musicians' Association of Metropolitan Baltimore, Local 40-543, AFM